Picnic at the Pop
2016 – September 10th at 7:30, Gallo Grounds in Modesto
We are considering this as a possible group event, so I am sending you a few facts ahead of the August Meeting.
I have attended the last few years and it is a wonderful event. We will need a couple of guys, and a pickup to coordinate getting to the event at 4:00 and placing our chairs to reserve our spot. If we decide to do this we will be at the top of the hill to allow easy access from the buses that will bring you to the event.
If you have never been to a Picnic at the Pops, then it is a fun experience. This year the Modesto Symphony Orchestra presents the music of Michael Jackson, featuring guest conductor Brent Havens, and vocalist James Delisco. This is a grand production, with full lighting and big outdoor concert stage. Gallo does it right!
The event is Saturday, September 10th, with grounds opening at 4:00, and concert starting at 7:30. The ticket are $38 each, but there is group pricing.
For those who worry about walking or crowds….there is parking in the Gallo employee parking lots with large tour buses that take you to the gate and back to your car.
Here are a few facts:
Parking is available on the grounds; however, a parking pass must be displayed on the dashboard of your car to enter the parking lot, which comes with tickets.
Yosemite Blvd. & Santa Rita Ave. or Yosemite Blvd. & Santa Cruz Ave.
- Disabled Person Parking (with a state issued placard/plate) is located at Yosemite Blvd. & Morton Drive – then turn left onto Grand Street and follow the signs
- Parking attendants will assist in directing you to your parking lot
- Plan on taking an event shuttle or walking up to 3/4 mile from the parking lot to the concert.
- You can pack a lunch, or pre-order a box lunch.
- Wine, by the bottle is also available for sale.